Training for Employees
Course fees associated with training will be reimbursed where the employee completing the training program meets the following criteria:
- Employees with 6 consecutive monthly contributions into the JETCO training fund are eligible for a training subsidy of up to $500.00 on approved courses.
- Once an employee receives 12 consecutive monthly contributions into the JETCO training fund, they are eligible for increased training subsidy as follows;
- Where the employer contributes $5.00 per week into the training fund, the employee is eligible for a training subsidy of up to $1,200.00.
- Where the employer contributes $10.00 per week into the training fund, the employee is – eligible for a training subsidy of up to $1,800.00.
- Where the employer contributes $15.00 per week into the training fund, the employee is eligible for a training subsidy of up to $2,200.00.
Information for noting:
- An employee will remain eligible for a JETCO subsidy on approved courses commenced up to 6 months after payments into the JETCO training fund have ceased e.g. if your last contribution is for June 2022, training must commence before the end of December 2022.
- Training limits apply per financial year and are based on the date training commenced.
- Eligibility limit is determined as at the date training commenced.
- Employees must fully complete the training subsidy application form and supply all relevant documentation to support their claim.
To be eligible for a JETCO training subsidy, the course completed must be an approved course.Training courses that are generally considered to be acceptable would be any course relating to the electrical contracting industry.
For more information on approved courses, see the Approved Training page.
Claiming a Subsidy
To make a JETCO claim:
- Select a training course that you wish to study.
- Check your course is listed as an approved course or contact JETCO for approval and to confirm your eligibility.
- Enrol in and complete your training.
- Forward a completed Training Subsidy Application form, a copy of your completion certificate (or similar) and a copy for your invoice and proof of payment to JETCO
- Your reimbursement will be made by direct deposit into your bank account.
Please note that JETCO is only able to provide a training subsidy upon successful completion of your training program.